Summer weddings are tried and true…it’s the most popular time of year to get married! The biggest challenge, other than securing the perfect date at your perfect venue, is keeping your guests cool amidst the strong summer sun.
We combined our own summer wedding experience with some PopSugar to curate a list of summer wedding necessities.
- Fans – pair your programs with a popsicle stick to make personal fans for each guest. Considerate and functional!
- Infused Water – Fill dispensers with ice cold water, add assorted fruits, and let the refresh-ing begin!
- Ice Cream Truck – A timeless, ageless thrill…the ice cream truck! A delicious cool-down treat for all to enjoy.
- Signature Cocktail – create a signature drink for your cocktail hour…refreshing, fun, and completely customizable.
- Custom Sunglasses – strong sun can be distracting for guests, especially during the ceremony. Provide pairs emblazoned with your initials/wedding date for guests that forgot their sunnies at home. These also make for a unique favor!
- Plenty of Parasols – Parasols are a darling addition to any ceremony/reception…especially when they’re functional for shielding sun!
Here’s some of our favorite gowns for keeping it cool…
- Catherine Deane “Yasmin” – this dress is light as air, and features a mesh illusion neckline that provides just the right amount of coverage without weighing you down. And ah, that open back!
- Monique Lhuillier “Simone” – this dress features light layers and beading, but nothing that will weigh you down. A gorgeous illusion v-neckline is the cherry on top of this Monique Lhuillier stunner!
Wishing best of luck to all of our summer brides…here’s to beating the heat!